• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New library cookbook collection

I think all might be interested in a new culinary resource. The Dunklin County Library in Kennett, Missouri, has just opened the Margi Hemingway Culinary Resource Center, a eference collection of cookbooks, pamphlets and recipes from the collection of Joe and Margi Hemingway. The Hemingways were involved in the Hospitality industry as Public Relations consultants and advisors to a number of Food and Beverage entities in the Mid-South, New York, and nationwide. Margi was a former editor at Cuisine Magazine. Joe had written on food and wine for a number of publications. The collection includes over 600 cookbooks from as far back as the mid-nineteenth century, and includes many volumes inscribed by the authors. the collection also includes menus from a number of 3 star restaurants in France, Italy and the US.

Margi and Joe were close friends with my wife and me, and regular traveling companions of ours. We miss them terribly, but the Resource Center is a fitting memorial to these true bon vivants. I urge anyone in the area to stop in and view the center.