• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hatch Chili Peppers (Merged Topic)

fooey

Apart from chili verde, my main use of Hatches is on burgers. This is in regular rotation at our house. 

9A4E4CA8-906B-4281-8B27-F123F045D82B.thumb.jpeg.9d7bedd9a2d8d60928b1f218c7224714.jpeg

We can only get mild ones here, and they’re the same Melissa’s brand all year round. Even though they’re not the best, they still taste great. I love the smoke and the green spice they bring to a dish. I’d love to get a case or two of the good ones sometime!

• Like 2
  • Delicious 1

• 4 months later...

Green chile stew with cubed {previously SV'd and frozen) pork loin, some jarred ABQ green chile sauce, frozen diced NM hot green chile, cans of crushed and cubed tomatoes, a couple of tblsp Pollo con Tomate bouillon, a little crushed cumin and coriander in the IP for a few minutes.    The jarred sauce and frozen chiles were roadtrip acquisitions from a fall vacation.   The only thing I was missing was tortillas.  

Edited by lemniscate (log)
  • Delicious 2

Our first taste of Hatch chiles was in 2004 in Los Alamos, NM....at a Pizza Hut!!!  It was an optional topping.  We were hooked.

Many years when we lived in Bisbee AZ, we'd plan a trip to NM to fetch some during harvest season.  

• Like 1