• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pectin NH, anyone got a source?

Anyone got a source for Pectin NH in the UK?

Found it France but as the Euro is still prohibitive expensive as is the P&P anyone got any idea?

And any idea for Titanium oxide in larger amounts than the 20g Superwhite icing whitener.

Anyone got a source for Pectin NH in the UK?

Found it France but as the Euro is still prohibitive expensive as is the P&P anyone got any idea?

And any idea for Titanium oxide in larger amounts than the 20g Superwhite icing whitener.

I can't help with the pectin but Superwhite is (I believe) Titanium Dioxide, which the good lady, um... girlfriend buys in bulk from a chap on eBay for the purposes of whitening home-made soap. She's bought it by the kilo before but the only amount on eBay currently seems to be 100g for a couple of quid. Just put "titanium dioxide" in the eBay search doohickey.

Please note, I have no idea whether this product would be safe to consume. I've used my girlfriend's soap and nothing's fallen off, but it's probably better to ask the chap selling it before using it for cakes.

Please don't tell me the weigt of your beloved new-born baby, because if I hear something like "Ooh, she was 7lb 13oz" I cannot stop myself calculating the roasting time. Or thinking about stuffing.

• 2 months later...

the home chocolate factory has a wide range of sosa brand chemicals including different pectin grades, just google the name, or even sosa as they are about the main distributor. otherwise if you are in the trade Ritter Courivaud have a rannge of pectins including NH and yellow

after all these years in a kitchen, I would have thought it would become 'just a job'

but not so, spending my time playing not working

www.e-senses.co.uk