• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What are the most expensive restaurants in NJ?

Phish Food

Not sure if you just want expensive or expensive and good, but this list from the recent NJ Monthly might be a helpful start:

Top 25 NJ Restaurants

And, while NJ may not be a huge state, if there's any criteria beyond "NJ", that might be useful to know. I'm sure, for instance, if this person wanted to schlepp to Atlantic City, a pretty penny could be spent at any number of restaurants.

Christopher

Not sure if you just want expensive or expensive and good, but this list from the recent NJ Monthly might be a helpful start:

Top 25 NJ Restaurants

And, while NJ may not be a huge state, if there's any criteria beyond "NJ", that might be useful to know.  I'm sure, for instance, if this person wanted to schlepp to Atlantic City, a pretty penny could be spent at any number of restaurants.

Christopher

I sent her that article before, but not sure if it is what she was looking for. I am not really sure of specifics, I dont think she is either since her boss is a little out there. He refuses to give any specifics as to cuisine or location, all we know is he just wants in NJ.

I'm assuming that one could also spend a decent amount of money (with wine) at The Manor, Highlawn Pavillion, Rats, or David Drake...but I still don't think we're talking Per Se prices.

Fwiw, there's a difference between wanting the best MEAL vs. the most expensive. Sounds like her boss is a tool who just wants to impress someone with $ signs. Yeesh.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."