• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

peach tart

Tiger Black

So here is what I want to do.

A crust, possibly with rosemary in it.

A thin layer of custard.

Some stilton.

Topped with peaches.

Now my question is, how do you think I ought to flavor the custard, and how long would one bake this for? Would one assemble the whole thing and bake it, or perhaps leave the peaches off until it came out of the oven?

Thank you in advance.

Why not incorporate the stilton right into the custard?

Rosemary, stilton, and peaches are all fairly strong flavors, so you might want to keep things relatively simple beyond that. Maybe a touch of lemon zest to keep things bright?

Why not incorporate the stilton right into the custard?

Rosemary, stilton, and peaches are all fairly strong flavors, so you might want to keep things relatively simple beyond that. Maybe a touch of lemon zest to keep things bright?

Hrm not a bad idea on the Stilton. I agree, there won't be much beyond that. I thought just the barest touch of vanilla or rosewater, but lemon is a great idea too.