• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

serving Iberico ham

KennethT

14 minutes ago, KennethT said:

My wife recently came back from a work trip to Bordeaux, connecting through Madrid. She brought me a present...

20190329_194129.thumb.jpg.61468e4df4ff7e1e241e187446d47251.jpg

No wine?

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

36 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

No wine?

We already have more than enough of that... besides, she never checks luggage on work trips, so bringing back that kind of souvenir wouldn't be practical anyway.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 6:00 AM, weinoo said:

I'd only serve it with lomo, salchichón, and chorizo; all Iberico of course.

Like this, at Gandarias in San Sebastian last month...

IMG_4871.thumb.JPG.4c713b9c76b9516c73ce7bc07fee5102.JPG

We are planning a trip to San Sebastián later this year.  Would it be OK if I PM you for suggestions at some point?  Did you post your trip on eGullet?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, chefmd said:

We are planning a trip to San Sebastián later this year.  Would it be OK if I PM you for suggestions at some point?  Did you post your trip on eGullet?

Sorry I just saw this - absolutely on the PM - we had some wonderful meals on this, our 2nd trip to the bastard!

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?