• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[DFW] Super H-Mart, Korean Super Market

I have shopped at this store a couple of times now, the Houston H-mart topic spurring me on to finally make the trip. This place is worth a regular stop. Huge produce and seafood sections. It will take me months to work my way through trying their huge selection of in-store made Kimchee. And an interesting food court offering a variety of Asian dishes. Checkout the one serving dishes in hot stone bowls.

I picked up bags of Korean Roasted Corn and Roasted Barley and have been making the teas. A savory iced tea may be something of an acquired taste, but actually is quite refreshing.

I can recommend the Korean melons also. There I have bought them at 99 cents and $1.20, but see them in mainline grocery stores for $1.99. However, some of the melons, such as Hami, are no cheaper than Central Market.

Anyone else shopped at H-mart? Anything special to recommend?

I love this place. Its now my go-to asian market. Their sashimi grade fish is fanTABulous!! I love the variety of produce, and their kitchen area. I always find some spoon or bowl or saki set that I simply can't live without.

Anyone else shopped at H-mart? Anything special to recommend?

The store here has some nice, real big, fresh,(not frozen) Ducks, and if you ask the meat guys you can get nice, big pieces of pork belly for pancetta and bacon...

BUD,