• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Reservations in August

brescd01

I did research and received a lot of helpful replies about where to eat in Paris. I am afraid to say this amongst such august company (no pun intended), but I think after not being in Paris for ages and living in Philadelphia since 2000, my tastes have become incredibly pedestrian. I may be just soooo grateful for a crusty baguette or ecstatic over the dryest flan from Paul (chain bakery).

My particular desire was to sample French regional cuisine, and hopefully try one from each of the following styles:

Alsace

Normandy

Brittany

Burgundy

Aveyron

Languedoc

Provence

That said, my hotel has made these reservations for me:

Chez Georges / Porte Maillot

Le Ballon Des Ternes

A Casaluna

Brasserie La Lorraine

Chez Jenny

Le Winch

Bistrot Du Dôme

Le Bar à Huitres

Devez

Any disasters? I know that the obvious foody's reply will be that this list is brasserie-heavy but one, I am dying to get real brasserie food and two, brasseries are disproportionately open in August. I do not really appreciate the finest traditional restaurants, hence their absence.

Edited by brescd01 (log)