• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philadelphia Must Eats

Holly Moore

Yeah, it kind of feels like they wanted to avoid some of the classics. But on a "must eats" list, aren't the classics part of the point? It's billed as the 50 best things, not the 50 best things you weren't previously aware of.

No Sarcone's, DiNic's, Capogiro? Or did I miss them?

They're right that the Tinto duck montadito deserves the people's ovation and fame forever, but this list won't push me to investigate their suggestions. It leaves me with a "could eats" instead of a "must eats" feel. Then again, maybe I'm just an old fogey before my time who can't get with the vibe of a food article that contains the phrase "stick your dick in the potato salad."

Cooking and writing and writing about cooking at the SIMMER blog

Pop culture commentary at Intrepid Media

Man that website setup sucks. Nothing like scrolling through 10 pages of mismatched pictures. Anyway, I see that Kanella was the only place to get two nods on the list. Guess they must be doing something right.

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson