• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Middle Eastern Catering in Northern NJ?

jsibley

I'm looking for a Middle-Eastern (e.g., Lebanese, Syrian, Armenian, Persian) caterer for a wedding of about 60 people. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences to report?

I'm considering Beyti Kebab or Rose's Place, but am open to other ideas as well.

I'm looking for a Middle-Eastern (e.g., Lebanese, Syrian, Armenian, Persian) caterer for a wedding of about 60 people. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences to report?

I'm considering Beyti Kebab or Rose's Place, but am open to other ideas as well.

Fattal,main street paterson could be another option.You have a large menu to choose from

During the last 4 years I have used Tabboule (90 n. maple ave ridgewood, nj) in the kings shopping center opposite the ridgewood municipal center and library --to serve a group of 30 -- specifically I order their humus, Ma'anik, Soujouk, and skewers of Shawerma and Kafta - always wonderful - they have never had a problem with accomodating a tight budget - I should add, my husband and I eat here often so we are not strangers when I use them for group events -- also, I coordinate an international festival each year, and they are participants.

New in Ridgewood is Roma - I am not familar with their catering menu - hwever I have ordered several times (groups of 20 and 25) their Pide (Sucuklu (hope I spelled that correctly!) and their Bastirmali Pide. I have ordered in large quantities their babaganus,.

There is a new place in Ridgewood, Grape Leaves (14 Oak Street) it replaced Joel's -- I have not used their catering menu (yet) - the owner is Syrian. I spoke with him last month. His father had several restaurants in Syria - I sampled his grileld shrimp which was outstanding, and we had an order of humus - hardly enough to give proper feedback re: catering.l.. looking forward to returning!

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler