• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Candied Lavender

Truffle Guy

Hi

There is a whole thread on candying petals. I bet it should be easy. Go back a page or two-Lana and I participated a lot- it is either her or my post. Oh and I make such a truffle but not with candied lavender just a plain lavender flower. I put 2-3 tiny flowers on top and it gives a ton of aroma and taste. I will show you a pic if you want.

Yes, I'd love to see the picture. Maybe I can just use the dried lavender as is.

Hi

There is a whole thread on candying petals. I bet it  should be easy. Go back a page or two-Lana and I participated a lot- it is either her or my post. Oh and I make such a truffle but not  with candied lavender just a plain lavender flower. I put 2-3 tiny flowers on top and it gives a ton of aroma and taste. I will show you a pic if you want.