• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Phyllis Flick (Felice) Steps Down

nakji

It's with regret we announce that longtime contributor Phyllis Flick (Felice) is stepping down as host of the eGullet Forums. The French countryside in the summer has lured her away, and while we'll miss her hard work and expertise as part of our hosting team, we understand completely and wish her well. Our hope is that this will leave her more time to post about the amazing food she encounters there.

Phyllis has always answered my questions kindly and graciously, and I can only think with envy about the bounty she must encounter in the summer in France. Merci, Felice!

It's with regret we announce that longtime contributor Phyllis Flick (Felice) is stepping down as host of the eGullet Forums. The French countryside in the summer has lured her away, and while we'll miss her hard work and expertise as part of our hosting team, we understand completely and wish her well. Our hope is that this will leave her more time to post about the amazing food she encounters there.

Phyllis has always answered my questions kindly and graciously, and I can only think with envy about the bounty she must encounter in the summer in France. Merci, Felice!

I am terribly sorry to read that we will no longer enjoy Phyllis' intelligent and considered voice. Her dining reviews were always on point and her hosting posture consistently measured and light handed. I will miss her.

eGullet member #80.

Aside from being one of the nicest, most intelligent and most helpful people I have ever known, Phyllis was one of the best people I’ve ever worked with. She greeted new members, she knew and encouraged them, and when anyone needed help, she was there.

She was of inestimable help to me too, indeed, I “met” her when I was looking for someone to help collect newspapers and food guides when I was out of town so that the “Digest” would never lack a week’s reporting. Those gracious acts of kindness turned into one of the most important friendships in my life.

Not everyone knows that before she moved to the OECD she worked at Bonjour Paris and the research she did there and her experience and expertise in restaurants, wine and travel came with her to the France Forum.

She was and is a class act.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

Phyllis knows more than almost anyone about the Paris scene, and her local expertise (along with that of John Talbott) was an important foundation for those lively France Forum discussions.

And while moderator Chris Mirault kindly reminded me that John and Phyllis stepped down voluntarily and will continue to contribute, I still can't imagine what eGullet will be without their leadership.

In any case, thanks Phyllis for your much-appreciated contributions, and I look forward to reading you elsewhere in the future.

Edited by meg_zimbeck (log)

Phyllis stepping down is a great loss to the eGullet Society community. She has done a great job and hopefully will continue to provide her insights in the forums, if not the management.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

With felice gone ,egullet is losing another excellent source about what's going on in Paris.She had the advantage of beeing a Parisian.Some one who kept up with the everchanging dining scene with her special insights.

She was always truthful and helpful.I look forward to her future contributions to egullet

Bonne chance Phyllis

• 2 weeks later...

Felice, thank you so much for everything you did in hosting the France board and helping to make all the posters feel welcome. You (and John Talbott) did so much to make those boards a useful and friendly place, and we are really going to miss your contributions to that end.