• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Alimentum menu/chef

I just had a look at the menu one of the restaurants I love, Alimentum here in Cambridge. The menu seems less adventurous than previous ones, but I think Mark Poynton would be able to offer great quality (as he did in Midsummer House).

I still have not visited, but I am disappointed to see that they took the Happy Monday off (being able to have the Fixed price menu all day, not only until 7pm). It was a great value, we would visit 3-4 times per month to have that menu (17.50 per head for 3 courses), instead of having an order pizza/chinese/curry

I think they should bring it back...

I am missing the pigs ears and trotters dishes though...

Edited by RedRum (log)

I just had a look at the menu one of the restaurants I love, Alimentum here in Cambridge. The menu seems less adventurous than previous ones, but I think Mark Poynton would be able to offer great quality (as he did in Midsummer House).

I still  have not visited, but I am disappointed to see that they took the Happy Monday off (being able to have the Fixed price menu all day, not only until 7pm). It was a great value, we would visit 3-4 times per month to have that menu (17.50 per head for 3 courses), instead of having an order pizza/chinese/curry

I think they should bring it back... 

I am missing the pigs ears and trotters dishes though...

You may have missed this rather interesting article by Jasper Gerard,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/re...-Cambridge.html

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

Happy Mondays were always overrated, I preferred the Stone Roses

Gerard is talking about mandarin oriental re prozzies isnt he?

I didnt read the rest of it, too boring.

I think I am interviewing cheffy at Alimentum soon, I recall an email on the subject. Hope its worth the train fare

S

I think I am interviewing cheffy at Alimentum soon, I recall an email on the subject. Hope its worth the train fare

S

I prefer the Stone Roses as well, but they never did 3 courses for 18 quid... ;)

If you meet the chef, tell him to bring back my Mondays!! I don't like pizza or curry that much...

S

I prefer the Stone Roses as well, but they never did 3 courses for 18 quid... ;)

If you meet the chef, tell him to bring back my Mondays!! I don't like pizza or curry that much...

I'll tell him you're not 'mad for it'!

S