• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amusement Park Food

Kuma

Today I was looking through my souvenirs from my last trip to Japan and I found the blue plastic clamshell from Tokyo Disneysea that once contained Sea Salt Icecream.

Do they still sell this in the parks? I found this recipe out there for it: Sea Salt Icecream It seems that it's made popular in the Kingdom Hearts II game. I remember the salty-sweet flavour was really surprising.

Also: What other Amusement Park treats do you like? I had to have one of the famous Gyoza Rolls in Tokyo Disneysea from the little cart in Mysterious Island. Oishii, desu ne?

Edited by Kuma (log)

Popcorn in all sorts of flavors is apparently the snack of choice at Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. I couldn't believe how long people were willing to wait in line to get their souvenir buckets loaded up with regular, curry, caramel, or honey popcorn! And I thought that popcorn at the movies was expensive...

Popcorn in all sorts of flavors is apparently the snack of choice at Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea.  I couldn't believe how long people were willing to wait in line to get their souvenir buckets loaded up with regular, curry, caramel, or honey popcorn!  And I thought that popcorn at the movies was expensive...

Queueing up for a hour for Honey Popcorn?? Who'd do such a crazy thing ?!?! :laugh::wink:

gallery_44184_5664_58427.jpg

Queueing up for a hour for Honey Popcorn??  Who'd do such a crazy thing ?!?!  :laugh:  :wink:

Well the container is certainly adorable, but was there really honey on the popcorn.? Seem like it would be soggy.

It was dry to the touch, so I assume it's some kind of dry glaze, or maybe powdered flavouring.

It was very definately honey flavour, though ! Bears LOVE honey. :biggrin:

I also had a pot of the Honey Icecream sold bertween Pooh and It's A Small World Very yum also.