• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Report: 2009 Heartland Gathering in Kansas City

Great piece, and some really nice shots, too. What a great time that weekend was -- and Steve Paul's piece brought it all back again. Damn . . . I miss you guys! :smile::wub:

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

YAY! I think they did a nice job overall.  I miss Crum Farm.  :wub:

you're just sayin' that because they fed you well and didn't make you pull weeds! :biggrin:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

YAY! I think they did a nice job overall.  I miss Crum Farm.  :wub:

I miss Crum Farm, too, and the Crums! That really was the highlight for me--not just because the food was great, but the Crums were so warm and welcoming. My mom really enjoyed talking to Mr. Crum (Jim?).

Marmish--did you notice you were promoted to principal?

Great piece, and some really nice shots, too.  What a great time that weekend was -- and Steve Paul's piece brought it all back again.  Damn . . . I miss you guys! :smile::wub:

I was just thinking that, too. Great people, great food. It doesn't get better than that!

Nice write up - captured the weekend wonderfully.

I miss everyone - and I miss the BBQ! And the chicharron! I've been thinking a lot about the BBQ.

I went through a serious pork belly phase after my return - made some chicharron - that went over well at work.

YAY! I think they did a nice job overall.  I miss Crum Farm.   :wub:

I miss Crum Farm, too, and the Crums! That really was the highlight for me--not just because the food was great, but the Crums were so warm and welcoming. My mom really enjoyed talking to Mr. Crum (Jim?).

Marmish--did you notice you were promoted to principal?

That's the easiest promotion I've ever gotten! (I'm the assistant principal, not the principal) Luckily, the crabby parent at school waiting when I got there today didn't know. She wanted the PRINCIPAL, not little old me.

Crum Farm definitely started the let's-run-away-to-the-country-and-have-brunches-and-dinners-and-grow-stuff conversation in my house. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I probably should have spent more time really talking to them about the reality, but I was too busy swooning in my own little fantasyland. And eating.

Well I'll be sure and tell the Crums everybody said hello when I see them at the Parkville Market in the morning!  :raz:

Gotta get there early........lots of wedding reception dishes for tomorrow depend upon the precious produce.......

Yes, and it better be good or I'm keeping the gift :laugh:

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher