• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trattorias Rome, Florence and Venice

shadow

I took Maureeen Fant's book to Italy a few years ago and enjoyed it immensly. Now I am going again--Just to Rome this time--and have to buy another copy since mine is in tatters. Does anyone ( Ms. Fant??? ) have any updates of the material in the book--I know it has been a while since it was publishesd.

I took Maureeen Fant's book to Italy a few years ago and enjoyed it immensly. Now I am going again--Just to Rome this time--and have to buy another copy since mine is in tatters. Does anyone ( Ms. Fant??? ) have any updates of the material in the book--I know it has been a while since it was publishesd.

When are you leaving? I have posted some half-baked updates on my web site, but at the moment it's rather a mess, with links that don't work. I'm just emerging from a year of too much traveling and too much very minute editorial work (may I here plug my translation of "Encyclopedia of Pasta" coming in the early fall from U of California Press?) and am hoping to stay put in August to catch up on updating the trattoria book, probably just for my site and probably just Rome, "Dictionary of Italian Cuisine," and similar stuff. I am deeply gratified by your loyalty to the book. Its publisher had no wish to revise.

Maureen B. Fant
www.maureenbfant.com

www.elifanttours.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying! We will be leaving for Europe on September 2 and will be in Rome from the 12-17. Would love any suggestions that you may have -will be carrying my book and perhaps may have updates for you too!

I like your work--and your sense of humor and think your publisher is a boob.

When are you leaving? I have posted some half-baked updates on my web site, but at the moment it's rather a mess, with links that don't work. I'm just emerging from a year of too much traveling and too much very minute editorial work (may I here plug my translation of "Encyclopedia of Pasta" coming in the early fall from U of California Press?) and am hoping to stay put in August to catch up on updating the trattoria book, probably just for my site and probably just Rome, "Dictionary of Italian Cuisine," and similar stuff. I am deeply gratified by your loyalty to the book. Its publisher had no wish to revise.