• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Tiki Bar

shellbellc

Anyone here ever been to the Tiki Bar? There are two now, one in Earlville (along the raging manatawny) and one at Spring Mt. It's been years since I've been to the one in Earlville and I've never been to Spring Mt. Thursday we will be heading to Spring Mt to check it out...

Here's the difference in the place, you cook your food. They have a few big outdoor grills and everyone stands around cooking their food. They have your regular grill items, steaks, chicken, veggies, but they also offer up kabobs of "exotic if you will" meat. If you would like to have a small sampling of a different kind of meat, here is the place to try it in small portions. Some of the kabobs I've seen in the past are alligator, wild boar, ostrich, caribou, buffalo, elk, etc.

It's certainly more of a fun atmosphere and certainly not a snooty affair...nice fun relaxing evening ususally to the sounds of Jimmy Buffett type music paired with reggae. A nice break from the norm.

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Spring Mt tiki bar.

Anyone here ever been to the Tiki Bar?  There are two now, one in Earlville (along the  raging manatawny) and one at Spring Mt.  It's been years since I've been to the one in Earlville and I've never been to Spring Mt.  Thursday we will be heading to Spring Mt to check it out...

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Spring Mt tiki bar.

Yup. It was a miserable experience. Earlville is fun, on the water, kinda unique. Spring Mtn. was a bunch of obnoxious college kids on break, and the atmosphere is nothing special. Plus, it was in the smoking era, and it was the only time I've ever been smoked out of an outdoor restaraunt.