• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great restaurant in SOMA (SF)?

cpl55

Okay, finding nothing interesting in terms of cooking classes in Napa, I am instead heading to SF... I have heard that RN74 is a must-try, but I can't get a table there, so I'm looking for suggestions. Can anyone recommend any great alternative (of a similar genre) in the SOMA area or thereabouts?

I greatly appreciate your thoughts,

Christina

Christina

www.sleeplessfoodie.com

I don't necessarily think of RN74 as a must-try -- it is getting fairly mediocre buzz here in the city (bait-and-switch menus, off service, over-priced for the offerings etc...) Can I ask what about it you were drawn to?

Other fabulous restaurants in that 'hood include

Zare at the Fly Trap

Ame

Anchor and Hope

Town Hall

Salt House

Osha Thai

Aqua

Perbacco

Tadich

Tourists also like Boulevard.

Thank you all. Now I have many more reasons to head back up to SF very soon! (I live in the South Bay, so it's not very difficult.)

I actually ended up managing to snag a table in the bar at RN74. Had a lot of first courses, and everything was quite good.

I also visited Pizzeria Delfina for lunch, and highly recommend that!

Thanks again for the insights,

Christina

Christina

www.sleeplessfoodie.com