• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yogorino

Holly Moore

Happened upon Yogorino at 20th and Locust - a relatively new frozen yogurt place. Best I can tell they started in Italy, expanded most everywhere else in the world and then, I think, picked Philadelphia for their first US shop.

Yogorino calls it "the Original Italian Probiotic" but tastes like a very good frozen yogurt - has a nice tang to it. Just one flavor, white. I had mine topped with fresh blackberries.

A tad expensive, and the plastic cups have college-bar beer-mug sized false bottoms, but very good. I shall return, probably more often than I should.

Edited by Holly Moore (log)

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Checked it out Friday night with the SO who's been drooling over them opening for some time. Really enjoyed the Italian chocolate toppings (I had the dark chocolate with hazelnuts...yum.)

Apparently this is the first branch in the U.S. Not sure how much they "picked" Philly vs the owner being friends with the home office in Italy, from what we gathered talking to her Friday night. Supposedly there will be more offerings in the future. Will be curious how they do with Capogiro just up the street, but I could probably indulge in this on a more regular basis as it's a bit lighter on (mine, at least) stomach.

sockii

| South Jersey Foodie |

I went yesterday and had a cup of yogurt with blackberries and nuts.

The good: it's tasty, tangy, not too sweet. The yogurt is probiotic, which means if you eat it, you'll live forever. (No more bathing in the blood of virgins!) Fresh toppings. A cute little plastic cup. It's Italian; you can practice your Italian on the owners!

The bad: it's ridiculously overpriced. $4.75 for a small (and I mean small) cup with two toppings. I'll grant that I'm probably not the target market- I'm not a Rittenhouse yoga mom- but in the future, I'd head over to Capogiro and be more satisfied.

I had some yesterday, too. Just the mini to taste it. I agree that it is pricey for the size. The mini is really pretty mini. It looks pretty big until you realize that the cup is flat, rather than a true cup. Toppings looked fun. I got a delicious hazelnut sauce--just hazelnut, not a chocolate hazelnut. They also had mini meringues, dulce de leche, almond sauce, chocolate nut sauce, mini M&M type candies, fruit toppings, granola and more. The small cups make putting the toppings on a bit precarious, though.

It *really* tastes like yogurt. It has a great tang. I waited in the car while my lady went in and got a large with an almond sauce and granola. Delicious and worth the price, in my opinion. it was 6$ for a large, which was moderately sized. It may be more worth it to get a large than a small.

--

matt o'hara

finding philly

• 2 weeks later...

Got a small with bittersweet chocolate and caramel crisps today.

gallery_14_105_11006.jpg

No extra charge for the emptiness in the middle of the yogurt swirl my first spoonful uncovered.

Still - it was really good. I just wish they'd pick - only one - a false bottom cup or false center yogurt swirl.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter