• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Liberty House

ChefSlade

My letter to the restaurant.

Just wanted to let you know what a disappointing experience we had at your restaurant yesterday. From Food to Service the whole experience was very disappointing.

We first tried to order pancakes for my daughter. We asked if we can have no banana on the pancakes. Our waiter, Cesar, was quick to offer up some of the kitchen's secrets. "Well" he said, "the mix that we buy our pancakes in, already has bananas added". I knew right there we were screwed in the food department.

To say the food was poorly prepared would be an understatement. We ordered two Egg White Omelettes that came to the table incredibly greasy. One reason for a person to order an Egg White Omelette would be for health reasons. To serve greasy Egg Whites defeats the purpose a little.

Your mushroom Pizzettas were embarrassing. For the head chef to serve something like that for that price, its a disgrace. The 4 little slices which came from a disc the size of a small tortilla, were all soggy. They were limp. Mixed with mushrooms bloated with butter and some pieces of cold garlic. For $9.50 it is just shameful. Not to mention, it was easily the worst pizza, pizzaette, tartlette, or any attempt at something like this I have ever tried. Ever. I would have accepted an English Muffin toasted with tomato sauce and Kraft Slices over this.

When we arrived at the restaurant, a half empty restaurant, we gave our reservation name. This reservation was made two or three weeks ago. They looked at us like they had no idea who we were. No table was set up for our party of 5. They instead sat us at a booth table that could have easily sat 7 people. We were far away from each other and in the furthest table from the window.

The manager told me to come back in 20 minutes and they would have a better table for us, one outside. When we came back, nothing had happened or be done for us. We were shocked because the manager told us he was going to save a table outside for us and we now had spent 20 minutes waiting for a new table. When we came back, new people were sitting in the table that we were going to sit in and there was absolutely nothing done for us.

Then we finally got to dessert. We ordered the Chocolate Molten Cake or Flourless Chocolate Cake. Obviously, it was cooked terribly. It had no molten and was completely cooked through. Molten cake is the easiest dessert in the world and we can all thank Jeanes-Georges for that. Served with a nice side of cream whipped with lard or butter, but, we all most likely thought lard. It was disgusting to serve that fake whipped cream on the side. What made you think to serve that to customers.

I just felt like you should know, or someone should know how terrible the food is in your place. It doesn't have to be fancy, it doesn't have to be expensive fair, put come on, just have someone give a little more effort.

Thank you for hearing me out,

Edited by ChefSlade (log)

Was the Liberty House a recommendations from a friend? Just curious what prompted you to try this place; perhaps random pick?

I have never heard of the Liberty House before. Upon a quick google search, it is clear that the reviews for this place are quite extreme, hit or miss, usually miss.

The first review that popped up was from google (Link) and received 2 out of 5 stars. By the website, it looks like some posh restaurant.

In any case, glad for the heads up.

Jim