• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where is Terry Durack?

Any idea where Terry is going? Who will replace him?

Without the flourishes of Gill and Coren, he was the most informative and reliable of the restaurant critics for the UK papers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fo...st-1727746.html

Back to Australia? I know I would be given the state of this nation. Maybe he's going back to his old job of being an advertising creative director there, it pays even more than being a Sindy columnist I hear.

Informative and reliable, but somewhat dull reads. Nice man whenever I have spoken to him, no ego like the others.

S

I noticed that Jill Dupleix (Terry's wife) had started writing in the Sydney Morning Herald again, including a piece on what kitchen equipment to pack in your baggage, whilst your household items are shipped home. I had assumed he, like us, would be heading South.

I noticed that Jill Dupleix (Terry's wife) had started writing in the Sydney Morning Herald again, including a piece on what kitchen equipment to pack in your baggage, whilst your household items are shipped home. I had assumed he, like us, would be heading South.

They are leaving the sinking ship!

Cant blame them

S

Any idea where Terry is going? Who will replace him?

Without the flourishes of Gill and Coren, he was the most informative and reliable of the restaurant critics for the UK papers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fo...st-1727746.html

Sorry to hear he is leaving. He gave us an excellent start at Glas - first critic in, and gave us 16 out of 20, which really helped put the place on the map.