• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hosting Bastille day parties?

rhinopias

Anyone else having Bastille day parties? We used to have a great place here in Chicago that would have the nicest street party for Bastille day, however they have now gone big time and it sucks. As a result, I'm hosting my first Bastille day, or in the states another reason to be outdoors drinking Bubbles.

I'm disabled as a result of a bike crash and only have one hand, however this is what I am trying to pull off....

Breakfast Radishes w/ a Tarragon Berre Blanc and Sea Salt

Leek and Camembert Tartlets

My 1st Attempt at Wild Mushroom Pate'

Fennel Vichyssoe

Pan Bagnat

Goat Cheese Ice Cream w/ Balsamic Strawberries

Whatchu think?

Jim

Jim,

The menu sounds wonderful. There are wonderful inexpensive wines from Provence that will enhance the fun.

You bring back wonderful memories of the Bastille Day street festival at Bastille. We loved watching the French films and enjoying wonderful wines under the tent. The wine waiter race in the street was the most fun...

It would be wonderful for you to stage Bastille's Wine Waiter Race for your party. Black aprons, bow ties, trays, two glasses, one bottle, one waiters cork and customers about 50 yards away; the bottle was opened before the 50 yard trot. Better do this outside and have brooms handy.

Good luck and have a wonderful time.

Tim