• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving, 2002, Out in DC/Baltimore

Peter Rodgers

Having learned that family members will be otherwise occupied and realizing that we will be without energy to do the whole deal at homefor just the two of us, my wife and I would appreciate thoughts on where to go for Thanksgiving out in the general area (we live in Annapolis). Prefer a place that at least makes a pretense of doing a traditional meal. From initial foraging, it sounded to us like Seasons at the Four Seasons in DC might be a good bet (their is a buffet, but from Sunday brunches, we know that they do buffets well) and Charleston in Baltimore sounded promising. Comments on these and all other options welcome.

I've not eaten out for Thanksgiving in DC, but the Thanksgiving meal at 1789 is locally famous. They're probably insanely booked up by now, but try calling anyway just to see if they have space.