• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dublin Square Pub

TomDel

Yesterday, my wife, son, and I had lunch at the Dublin Square Pub on Route 130 N in Bordentown Twp. http://www.dublinsquarepubs.com/

My son and I both had the corned beef sandwich. It was served with an apple-onion relish, horseradish mayonnaise, and Swiss cheese on grilled rye bread. There was a choice of sides and we both had French fries. The sandwiches were excellent. The corned beef was tender, tasty, and lean. The fries were steak cut and also very good.

My wife had the fish and chips and said that it might have been the best she’d ever had. The fish was two thick pieces of Atlantic cod in a light beer batter that was neither greasy nor heavy. The fries were the same as those served with the sandwiches and just as good.

We all enjoyed the meal very much and definitely will be back. I think we’ll all be a little more adventurous on our next visit and try some of the more traditional Irish fare. The “Boxty” dishes look particularly appealing, as does the Shepherd’s Pie.