• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

phl steakhouse

katbert

hello-- my meat buddies and I are going to go for steak (we are too lazy to DIY and build pink himalayan salt caves and dry age for ourselves) sometime in the next month. I've read the barclay prime, butcher & singer, union trust, and table 31 threads.

At the moment the starr restaurants are at the top of the list bc I enjoyed Barclay Prime and haven't been to B&S-- is there anywhere else we should consider?

We care less about atmosphere/setting than delicious delicious aged meat. (Possibly we should actually go to nyc, but I"m not sure we have time for that.)

(Probably not on the list unless someone makes a case- morton's, ruth's chris, prime rib, del frisco's, capital grille)

Also Union Trust has this "Vertical Steak Tasting for 4" which I would like for someone wealthier than us to try and please report back on:

FOUR 18OZ DRY AGED LONG BONE RIBEYES

AGED 56, 49, 42, 35 DAYS EACH // COOKED TO

YOUR SPECIFICATIONS THEN SPLIT FOUR WAYS // 500