• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Meat and Greet Boutique

JPipes

My wife and I live in Sugar Land, and have long been a fan of Aura (http://www.aura-restaurant.com/) as there isn't much in the way of good quality non-chain dining out this way. Frederic Perrier has a gem out this way, and I have yet to have a poor meal there. The wait staff is excellent, the food is quite good, and the chef is always there to shoot the bull and talk food and wine. Even my 8 month old son is welcome there, a big plus in my book.

A few months ago, we were talking with the Chef about his business and mentioned his idea for a European style butcher shop that has sandwiches, and various high quality pantry items (dried beans, pasta, honey, jams, etc...etc...). The soft opening happened last week, and we absolutely adore this place. Great meats, great supplies, and Chef Brandon guiding you through everything.

We've rotisseried a bone in pork loin that turned out fantastic, and my son just loved chewing on the bone. Tonight my wife stopped by and picked up some coffee rub, hanger steaks, and recommendations as to how best cook it....turned out better than I could have imagined.

Alll in all, a great resource for those of us in Fort Bend County. The prices are very good (much cheaper than Whole Foods), the meat is of higher quality, and the company is second to none.

I have no vested interest, just passing on the data...

http://www.meatandgreetboutique.com/

Edited by JPipes (log)

Happen to know where it's located?  The webpage just lists the phone number.  I'm guessing it's near City Hall & the Mall.

It's off 1092 (murphy rd.) closer to highway 6, right next door to Aura.

Best,

Josh

Thanks Josh. You wrote 1092 and I immediately flashed to a picture of 90 & 1092 which left me ??? It's in Mo City, things must be growing down there, I just don't get down there that often.