• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seasonal Restaurant and Wein Bar

ellenost

I want to report back about my dinner last night at Seasonal: it is an excellent find! I started with the foie gras torchon with rhubarb puree and pickled rhubarb and brioche toast points--yummy! Their preparation rivals any foie gras torchon in the haute cuisine restaurants. I don't usually like rhubarb, but it worked beautifully with the richness of the foie gras. For my entree, I chose the beef strip loin that was prepared as requested, medium rare. The beef was accompanied by frizzled shallots and cipollini onions--I finished my entire plate. Since I am now seriously off my diet, I ordered a lovely dessert of the quark cheese dumplings with strawberries; the dumplings was so light. The service was very attentive and friendly. One of the chefs, Wolfgang Ban, was at the entrance when my sister and I arrived, and he was very warm and friendly. Periodically during the dinner, he would stop at each table to check on his guests. I look forward to returning soon. I hope you check out Seasonal soon. It's definitely worth a visit.

I enjoy Seasonal very much as well, although full disclosure I am German and am somewhat predisposed to the menu (technically Seasonal is Austrian ). I have been 6 times, once for lunch and otherwise dinner (Also full disclosure, I work around the corner and am lazy to walk too far when a business colleague wants to go somewhere).

I'd like to see at least one more entree choice on the menu and sometimes services is a a little slow, but the quality of the food and prep I find to be very good.

They had rough timing, opening right after the financial meltdown so I wish them luck.