• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Curry

What do you think when you think Curry?

What are some ways in which you use Curry Powder as an accent to your food? Or is that something you have not done yet?

Are there other Indian or Asian spices that you really like or enjoy playing and experimenting with?

Any dishes that you really have enjoyed which have showcased spices? Where did you have them?

Most memorable meal using Curry Powder or Asian ingredients?

Love curries, but am especially partial to curry pastes -- both red and green. I dig chat (sp?) masala, razal hannout, sumac. Most memorable experience was dining at Tabla on 25th and Madison. Floyd knows me, but I am well aware that he cooks with equal commitment for all his guests.

I have loved most all of my experiences with Asian and South Asian foods. While we use some curries and the spices I mentioned earlier, I have not reached a point where South Asian spices have spoken to me internally. This is perhaps because I am very hooked on Japanese and Southeast Asian culture at the moment. I know the time will come when the Southern cultures will set me on fire (literally :laugh: ).