• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In-between dining?

phlox

I will be in NYC this weekend and early next week and am looking for a fun place to go for a late lunch before I leave on Tuesday. I was thinking about Bar Boulud but have read/heard mixed reviews.

What do you all think? I don't want to drop a *ton* of cash, but it doesn't have to be dirt cheap and I am a really adventurous eater. The hotel I'm staying in is near the Javits Center because I'm going to the Fancy Food show, so if anyone knows of a cool place near there that would be great, but not a dealbreaker.

Thanks in advance!

"An appetite for destruction, but I scrape the plate."

I will be in NYC this weekend and early next week and am looking for a fun place to go for a late lunch before I leave on Tuesday.  I was thinking about Bar Boulud but have read/heard mixed reviews.

What do you all think?  I don't want to drop a *ton* of cash, but it doesn't have to be dirt cheap and I am a really adventurous eater.  The hotel I'm staying in is near the Javits Center because I'm going to the Fancy Food show, so if anyone knows of a cool place near there that would be great, but not a dealbreaker.

Thanks in advance!

Bar Bouloud is good, especially for charcuterie, but beware they do close at "in between" times sometimes. Not sure if this has changed, but I went at just before 3 once and they wouldn't serve me (even though they were supposedly open until 3).

Oh dear! I called yesterday for general info and the gentleman who answered the phone said that they serve a bar menu between lunch and dinner, which would probably suit my needs just fine. Sounds like that might not always be true, which doesn't bode well.

I was thinking about Craftbar since their web site says lunch service extends right up until dinner. I've been to Craft and loved it, so maybe I'll try that...

"An appetite for destruction, but I scrape the plate."