• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ocean City area

Mano

We'll be in OC for two weeks and are looking for new or excellent restaurants (preferably BYOB) within a 10 mile radius (e.g. Margate area to the north). I know OC is a dry town.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

Try Gertrude's in Ventnor. Owner Neil Elsohn formerly owned the Water's Edge in Cape May. Gertrude's is BYO. A good friend of mine waitresses there on the weekends. Ask for Karin to be your server and say hi for me.

Right in O.C. proper there's Bashful Banana Cafe on the boardwalk that great for breakfast or lunch. For dinner, we tried Periwinkle's and enjoyed it, but it was a bit precious.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

There is a new caribbean place that opened on 3rd or 4th and 1 block off the boardwalk. Tasty jerk chicken and very nice people. Also liked the trio of patties. It's a nice sit down restaurant. For OC it's highly recommended. But do not try BYOB in OC, it really is a dry town and no one will allow booze. I also suggest Tomato's in Ventnor. Expensive but the food is good. A bit of a scene after 10 PM.

We stay in this area every summer also.

Periwinkles is great - we east there at least a few nights during our 1 week stay.

Crab House just over bridge was pretty good.

For lunch - every day, we go to Dixie Picnic where the pack you a delicious box lunch to bring to the beach.

Enjoy your stay.