• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Triscuits

JAZ

I hated Triscuits as a kid. My folks would buy them, along with other styles of cracker, when they had a certain type of company and put out a cheese platter. I thought they looked like shredded wheat and, therefore, were the devil. I don't know that I ever even ate one back then.

Nowadays, they're the only cracker I'm willing to buy, outside of Cheez-Its, that is. I usually top them with cheddar, sometimes hummus. Requires a tall beverage, particularly if the cheddar is good and aged.

I'll have to check out the rye.

I enjoy Triscuits....but I have to admit I also have a love affair with Wheat Thins. The original. There are many many other flavored variaties as of late, and they are still coming out with mew flavors of Wheat Things every time I look. Some of the options off the top of my head: Sour Cream and Onion, Rnach, Reduced Fat, Herb and Garlic (I think thats the exact combination), harvest Cheddar, White Cheddar....and there are even more. Again, I prefer the original. So yummy. I love em' plain, and at times with toppings (slices of cheese, etc...).

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

• 2 months later...

I do enjoy Triscuits but must say they are great when eaten as if they were Shredded Wheat cereal. I think it must be the extra salt or maybe it is as simple as the milk. Found it one morning while car camping in some Nat'l Forest in California years ago.

Robert

Seattle

I like Triscuits, but I like Whole Foods store brand triscuit style crackers even more.

I tried the Whole Foods brand "triscuits", because I didn't want to go to a separate grocery store just for crackers. They're sort of... meh. It reminds me of eating shredded wheat when I was expecting frosted mini wheats. Not terrible (and you can't beat the ingredients: Wheat, salt), but not really delicious either.

Just recently bought the olive oil and pepper flavored triscuits......sooooo good. Not a really strong OO taste but the pepper stands out! Amazing!

I love those! They're like spicy/salty/pepper awesomeness, and they're great with sharp cheddar, or even Boursin, if you're feeling decadent.

"Nothing you could cook will ever be as good as the $2.99 all-you-can-eat pizza buffet." - my EX (wonder why he's an ex?)

My eGfoodblog: My corner of the Midwest

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I hadn't found this topic before now. I am a die-hard fan of Triscuits, and I believe, without a doubt, that they are the best cocktail hour cracker when you really want your guests or self to be able to taste the drink itself. When I'm testing recipes -- which I'm doing right now, in fact -- I always reach for Triscuits, which give a foundational snack against which to judge the quality of the libation.

How anyone could hate on Triscuits is beyond my ken.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Haven't had Triscuits for a while, but they are great. When I was in middle school, I used to love taking Kraft cheese slices, put them on the Triscuits and melt the cheese in the toaster oven. I had that as a snack quite often. Wish I can make some now....

I love the triangle thin Triscuits. The only problem is finding a hiding spot where my husband won't oink down the whole box!

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown