• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

John Talbott Steps Down

nakji

I am glad to see that John is still contributing to egullet.

Prior to his tenure i used to go to as many new restaurants as I could after doing a lot of research and my satisfaction level was around 60%,but then someone by the name of John Talbot appeared with reviews of most new restaurants.To my surprise my satisfaction level went to 90% after I followed his recommendation.I think that the Paris chapter was lucky to have him.

Prior to his tenure i used to go to as many new restaurants as I could after doing a lot of research and my satisfaction level was around 60%,but then someone by the name of John Talbot appeared with reviews of most new restaurants.To my surprise my satisfaction level went to 90% after I followed his recommendation.I think that the Paris chapter was lucky to have him.

Word! The best "head's up" on English-language and French press commentary about food in France on the web... or elsewhere ever.

eGullet member #80.

eGullet won't be the same without John Talbott, whose tireless organization (those compendia are amazing!) and regular, thoughtful contributions are the reason I joined and promoted this site.

John, I'll be following you on your website, which I recently named in Budget Travel as one of the Top Ten Paris food blogs.

Thanks for your many years of important work!

Pierre,

I could not have said it any better myself...well stated.

John:

As everyone else is saying, you did great work here, and it was a pleasure to work with you when we were both moderators. It sounds like you're off to a tremendous start with your website. All the best of luck to you!

Michael aka "Pan"

• 4 weeks later...