• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Double-Infused Tequila por Mi Amante

Mike S.

Well, I think the strawberry-infused rum still needs work. Just does not seem to have as much character as you get in the tequila version. Perhaps a 100-proof rhum agricole blanc as a base would work better. That said, however, my batch does make a mighty tasty Strawberry Daiquiri, and I suspect that's how it's likely to get consumed from now on.

Cheers,

Mike

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."

- Bogart

• 1 month later...

I have a batch of TPMA going now. The first batch of strawberries that I used were pretty so-so, but after infusing for six days I lucked out and got my hands on some amazing deep red, sweet berries. So I strained the first berries out, started the second ones infusing (along with a vanilla bean) and we're about two weeks away from finding out the results! I'm so excited....

Sarah Fernandez aka "mssurgeon81"

Philadelphia, PA