• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What is your most treasured chicken curry recipe?

spicegirldc

Now that we have Steven Klc and some other chefs understanding and using Curry as something billions around Asia and the Middle East understand very differently, could you please explain what you really want to try? What do you really want to eat when you say Chicken Curry? Sweet chicken? Savory chicken? Not chicken at all, but maybe tofu? :unsure:

Would you like me to give you recipes for a Curry Chicken Dessert? Curry Chicken (as in savory chicken cooked in sauce?) or coco-choco-chicken?

Please elaborate.. It will help me find a recipe that would be of interest to you. Thanks!

Now that we have Steven Klc and some other chefs understanding and using Curry as something billions around Asia and the Middle East understand very differently, could you please explain what you really want to try?  What do you really want to eat when you say Chicken Curry?  Sweet chicken? Savory chicken? Not  chicken at all, but maybe tofu?  :unsure:

Would  you like me to give you recipes for a Curry Chicken Dessert?  Curry Chicken (as in savory chicken cooked in sauce?) or coco-choco-chicken?

Please elaborate.. It will help me find a recipe that would be of interest to you.  Thanks!

All of the above!! :biggrin: I am interested in chicken recipes, preferably savory, created using indian spices....

Well make the Curry Steak into Creamy Chili Chicken Curry by forming the cheese into golf sized balls.  For the rest follow the recipe for the curried steak. :wink:  :rolleyes:

You crack me up :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Amazing the brilliance one can find after seeing freedom.

Now that I am free in taking, naming, borrowing and assigning to and from cultures, I have no limitations...

Just lots of freedom and great possibilities..

Make the above chicken curry and serve to your family and friends.. .and do report back... Cannot wait to hear what your friends say...

PS: If anyone cannot understand what you did... Share with them the Curry Sutra... Here it is:

".......so much of food is freeing one's self from these impositions, these associations, from previously held perceptions and rigid beliefs in how things should be or are meant to be........." Steve Klc, from the Baking Chocolate thread under the cooking forum.

The above is my new found Curry Sutra. :rolleyes:

• 13 years later...

My favourite chicken curry is from the Foods of the World cookbooks.  Made with chicken thighs.  It has turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel seeds, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, fresh coriander and garamasala then finished with lemon juice.  Just made three litres of it to take to a pot luck.

DSC01389.jpgDSC01390.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a few meat based “signature” dishes that I rely upon, especially when entertaining, but I have never found a chicken dish that fills the same purpose.

At present my go to chicken dish is Anjum Anands Black Pepper Chicken that is enjoyed by family and friends when we put together a “curry fest”

There are a couple of different versions by Anjum on the web, but I much prefer the one that uses a stock cube in the marinade. It gives great depth to the finished dish but you need to be mindful of the salt content in your stock cube.

Here in the U.K. I use Knorr stockpots.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/27/anjum-anand-last-meal-black-pepper-chicken-recipe

• Like 1