• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blue Hill

The respect you accord to raising crops and animals under appropriate conditions is shared by Dan Barber and Michael Anthony of Blue Hill. Do you know the two chefs, and, if so, what types of discussions with them have encouraged you? :laugh:

Chef Nischan --

Thanks again for your efforts in this Q&A.

I couldn't agree more with your assessments of Blue Hill. :laugh: Given the needs of your own restaurant, have you had the opportunity to eat at BH relatively recently, and do you have further observations about the cuisine there? :blink:

There was a period of time a few months ago when I ate there 5 times in three weeks and introduced as many people as I could. I am now, once again, too darned busy so I haven't been there recently -- or anywhere for that matter.

I do love the way they steam by placing their raw proteins in crayovac with sauces and seasonings. Nothing is lost and the cooking is so very gentle. Smart stuff.

Chef Nischan --

Dan is providing a demonstration of the cooking of grass-fed meats at a meeting of the Earth Pledge Foundation on November 18. What are your thoughts on the flavors of grass-fed meats, including those from Skate Creek Farm if you have utilized its products?

I've been using Sunnyside meats. I would love info on Skate Creek if they are more local than Virginia. Following are come long answers to your exceptional questions of yestrday. I am still getting to a few more. I'll have to post them next week as I am slammed for this weekend.