• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Paletas de Chocolate from Nopalito. 

IMG_7584.thumb.jpg.43ac5ec14ccebd930fe43d2aa945f66f.jpg

These are chocolate-cinnamon popsicles and I thought the recipe was interesting as it doesn't include any sort of dairy or nut milk - just bittersweet chocolate, cocoa, sugar and water.  The cinnamon sticks are infused into the water and strained out.

Edited to add that these are truly chocolate popsicles - not chocolate flavored or fudgesicles - they are intensely chocolate! The cinnamon flavor didn't come through as much as I would have liked.  Next time, I may use more cinnamon and infuse it longer.  Maybe make a cinnamon-simple syrup instead of just infusing into water.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Paletas de Chocolate from Nopalito

IMG_7584.thumb.jpg.43ac5ec14ccebd930fe43d2aa945f66f.jpg

These are chocolate-cinnamon popsicles and I thought the recipe was interesting as it doesn't include any sort of dairy or nut milk - just bittersweet chocolate, cocoa, sugar and water.  The cinnamon sticks are infused into the water and strained out.