• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

24 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I added some coconut oil to the melted chocolate as described here, 1 oz/4 oz chocolate,  so I'd get a thinner shell.  After unmolding, I put the pops back in the freezer on a wax paper covered baking sheet.  Then I dipped them in the chocolate, immediately into the chopped nuts.  Once they were all dipped, they went back in the freezer.

Thanks so much BD.  While reading and researching info about popsicles, etc., I found the article but had not yet read it.  Seems like Serious Eats has some good information on the subject.  I have learned more (that's relevant and interesting to me) from Serious Eats than from the People's Pops book.

Shel_B

Shel_B

11 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I added some coconut oil to the melted chocolate as described here, 1 oz/4 oz chocolate,  so I'd get a thinner shell.  After unmolding, I put the pops back in the freezer on a wax paper covered baking sheet.  Then I dipped them in the chocolate, immediately into the chopped nuts.  Once they were all dipped, they went back in the freezer.

Thanks so much BD.  While reading and researching info about popsicles, etc., I found the article but had not yet read it.  Seems like Serious Eats has some good information on the subject.  I have learned more (that's relevant and interesting to me) from Serious Eats than from the People's Pops book.