• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

6 hours ago, Shel_B said:

Nice.  How did you get the chocolate to adhere the chocolate e to the pops?  I read somewhere that oil has to be added  the chocolate to get it to attach well to the ice cream.  In any case, did you treat the chocolate in any way, or use a specific chocolate for this purpose?  Likewise, how did you get the nuts to stay put?

I added some coconut oil to the melted chocolate as described here, 1 oz/4 oz chocolate,  so I'd get a thinner shell.  After unmolding, I put the pops back in the freezer on a wax paper covered baking sheet.  Then I dipped them in the chocolate, immediately into the chopped nuts.  Once they were all dipped, they went back in the freezer.

Edited to add that the recipe I linked to for the pops just calls for dipping into melted chocolate and I'm sure that would work fine as well.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Nice.  How did you get the chocolate to adhere the chocolate e to the pops?  I read somewhere that oil has to be added  the chocolate to get it to attach well to the ice cream.  In any case, did you treat the chocolate in any way, or use a specific chocolate for this purpose?  Likewise, how did you get the nuts to stay put?

I added some coconut oil to the melted chocolate as described here, 1 oz/4 oz chocolate,  so I'd get a thinner shell.  After unmolding, I put the pops back in the freezer on a wax paper covered baking sheet.  Then I dipped them in the chocolate, immediately into the chopped nuts.  Once they were all dipped, they went back in the freezer.

Edited to add that the recipe I linked to for the pops just calls for dipping into melted chocolate and I'm sure that would work fine as well.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin