• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Home equipment in Bordeaux and/or Toulouse

Hi all,

I'll be heading for Toulouse and Bordeaux for some time off in a little while, and I thought I would go looking for some equipment for my home kitchen while I'm there. I'm mainly thinking about tins and moulds for brioche, Madeleines, cannelés etc. I could order these online (they're hard to come by in my part of the world), but shipping is usually quite significant for such orders... Besides, I'd love to browse a well stocked boulangerie/patisserie store while in France.

So, to my question: Does anyone here know any markets or shops in Toulouse and/or Bordeaux (or in the vicinity) where I could obtain such moulds?

I've tried my hands with Google, but since my French is still... ehm... shaky, I didn't make much progress in the search... Any pointers and advice greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi all,

I'll be heading for Toulouse and Bordeaux for some time off in a little while, and I thought I would go looking for some equipment for my home kitchen while I'm there. I'm mainly thinking about tins and moulds for brioche, Madeleines, cannelés etc. I could order these online (they're hard to come by in my part of the world), but shipping is usually quite significant for such orders... Besides, I'd love to browse a well stocked boulangerie/patisserie store while in France.

So, to my question: Does anyone here know any markets or shops in Toulouse and/or Bordeaux (or in the vicinity) where I could obtain such moulds?

I've tried my hands with Google, but since my French is still... ehm... shaky, I didn't make much progress in the search... Any pointers and advice greatly appreciated  :smile:

hansjoakim

This post of the famous blogger from Bordeaux, Anne Lataillade gives some pointers