• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Alligator Soul in Everett, WA

Dropped by Alligator Soul in May on a Saturday night and it was crowded. All the locals in Everett seemed to eat here and its easy to see why. No creole or cajun restaurant in Vancouver comes close to the experience I had at Alligator Soul, the food is simply heart warming good.

Sampled turtle soup, deep fried alligator tail, hush puppies, gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish etoufee. Everything was good, with the crawfish etoufee being a particularly great standout. Finished the meal off with the dessert beignets which had some banana and caramel sauce.

Its really a shame that Southern food doesn't exist in my home town Vancouver, at least at this level. I know this isn't the kind of high end cuisine normally mentioned on egullet, but I really liked the restaurant's welcoming and friendly quality. Forgive the poor photos, I was too impatient to deal with camera settings and wanted to dive into the food.

Hush Puppies

IMG_2489640.jpg

Alligator Bites

IMG_2487640.jpg

Jambalaya with shrimp, crawfish tails, scallops, mussels, and clams

IMG_2483640.jpg

Crawfish Etoufee

IMG_2485640.jpg

Dessert Beignets

IMG_2490640.jpg

Table Sauces (also for sale)

IMG_2478640.jpg

Edited by jlo mein (log)

Went back this past weekend for their special Crawfish Boil! Check their website calendar for remaining dates (June 27 is one of them). I must say that the crawfish boil was very spicy. I like food with some kick but this is definitely for those who like stuff really hot.

Beignets with crawfish gravy.

IMG_2997640.jpg

1lbs crawfish boil. This was quite big for one person, and they even had a 3lbs version available to share.

IMG_3001640.jpg

Bread pudding with bourbon sauce. I prefered the beignet dessert I had previously.

IMG_3010640.jpg