• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Captain Morgan Private Stock

HFJ

Haven't posted in over 6 months... NEED HELP!

In May of this Year, the makers of Captain Morgan Private Stock, opted for a new look. They changed the bottle. It is my contention that with the bottle change so too did the rum change. In my opinion, the mellow, sweet, viscous rum of the original bottle was transformed into a more smokey lighter rum.Does any one in this forum share/disagree with my opinion? I have contacted the company. Before proceeding with further contacts, I would like to know if I am the only one out there who perceives this change. Locally, my friends agree.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings to Ed and Jason and the rest of the Forum.

Good to be back

HFJ aka Hernan

• 1 month later...

I noticed the bottle change as well. I like the look of the old bottle better.

Regardless, my Dad has one of the old and a friend of mine has one of the new. It tastes like the same stuff to me. Too sweet...

Patrick