• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crawfish on Sansom

Saw the previous post about crawfish in Kimberton, so I thought I'd chime in and let you know that Chris' Jazz Cafe just started doing crawfish daily. They have a nice, spicy boil going and are experimenting with different sources. The staff told me yesterday that they were expecting a shipment of 90 pounds of live crawfish from Louisiana today around noon. It's $10 a bucket (about 20 depending on size) and goes well with the $10 buckets of Coronitas, though I'm more a fan of the $2 Kenzingers... So if you're in the neighborhood tonight, there will be plenty of bugs to go around. I see a bucket of crawfish at Chris' followed by a plate of Delaware Bay salts at the Oyster house in my future.

I like Chris's happy hour, great when they have live music. Try both, I'm heading there after work.

"..French Vanilla, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Deluxe, even Caramel sundaes is getting touched.." Ice Cream

Anybody wanna do a side-by-side comparison of mudbugs from Chris' this week and The Station Bistro this Sunday? Craig Miller's crawfish and jambalaya at Station Bistro are still the best I've had anywhere. I wish I could get into CC this week.....damn.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"