• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kogi/Dessert Truck NYC Event

Julian40

Just got back from the one hour Kogi Truck pop-up at 55th and Lex. I arrived at 12:45 and the line was already ridiculous. By 1 o'clock there must have been 350 people in line. After explaining to a dozen passerby's the entire Kogi phenomenum, by the end I would just reply "we are waiting in line for Taco's."

I was wrong. We were waiting in line for Kimchi Quesadillas and Chocolate Mouse with Peanut Butter Center, Caramel Popcorn.

The Quesadillas were great. The Kimchi was flavorful and rich without being overly spicy.

The Desert was good but I doubt anyone was ready for desert after having a four bite quesadilla.

Overall it was a fun event. Lee Ann worked the window and all of the people associated with the event were super friendly. But taking a two hour lunch on a Monday that leaves you starving could be a little maddening...If it weren't for charity.

Edited by Julian40 (log)