• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BBQ caterer in northern NJ?

SusanGiff

Are there any excellent pitmasters or bbq-ing caterers here in northern NJ (or willing to travel from nearby) who could handle a large (150+) party in September? It's a late afternoon party, so we wouldn't need massive amounts pp. Thanks.

I know that Bourbon BBQ in Wyckoff does catering for large parties and I believe that Backwoods, formerly of Westwood and now in Washington Township (Bergen County) at The Dog House does catering as well.

Was just up at Bailey's Smokehouse in Orangeburg (not far from Bergen County) and saw catering mentioned on their menu as well.

WTC

Edited by whitetrufflechick (log)

I am rather partial to Barnstormer

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=58149

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Backwoods BBQ is at The Dog House in Washington Township now. Their number is 201-666-4BBQ and Jay is still the chef. They do catering and I'm sure they could do a great job for 150 people.

They have a huge smoker/trailer that they'll bring right to your event, which is a lot of fun.

Edited by savery24 (log)

• 3 weeks later...

A great new barbecue place has opened up in Sloatsburg, NY on Route 17; it's called "Hog Heaven BBQ", and the owner used to do catering before he opened the roadside eatery. I put a more detailed review on yelp.com if you want to check it out.