• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Watermelon cheesecake

Mr. Delicious

I would use chocolate. Either chocolate chips or if you slab some dark chocolate and cut tiny circles (ovals). I remember a watermelon sorbet, that used chocolate chips to mime the seeds, taste good too.

Vanessa

You could embed some pomegranate seeds so that the smaller top part is what shows if you can find some nice dark ones. Wouldn't be as realistic looking as chocolate but it would be tasty with the melon flavor.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Watermelon cheesecake? :blink::blink:

Anyway, do you want to bake these "seeds" into the cheesecake, or just use them as a decoration?

If you want to use "seeds" as a decoration, why not just pipe chocolate teardrops on top of the cake? You could tint the cheesecake pink if it isn't pink already and it will look like a giant watermelon slice.

Or you could forego the seeds altogether and just call it seedless watermelon cheesecake. :cool:

Ok, so how did you make this watermelon cheesecake?

it started as my basic vanilla base and I simply added some watermelon flavoring from spicebarn.com and then dryed it red/pink and some green for the rind. I will post photos soon.