• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Boxes - want to share an order?

Michael Gillen

Hope this isn't too off topic or inappropriate.

To get to the point, I would like to find someone that wants to "share" an order of chocolate boxes. The order I am considering is 250 one-piece boxes from U-Line (www.uline.com) for ~$60USD. These boxes fold up easily and hold 1/2LB of candy. I don't want/need 250 but buying them at $1 each from the local art supply store is more than I am willing to pay for something I plan to use often.

The great thing about this company is that I filled out an inquiry form on line and said that I made chocolate candy as a hobby and am interested in a couple of different candy boxes they offer and would they please send me a sample of each. Well, within minutes I had an email indicating that samples would be shipped out that day UPS. Great service! Very helpful. I received four samples of different boxes - 1/2 LB and 1LB fold-up and two-piece. I like the smaller fold up as it will be plenty big and it was easy to put together.

OK, let me know if you are interested. I can send you pictures if you want.

Best,

Michael

Hope this isn't too off topic or inappropriate.

To get to the point, I would like to find someone that wants to "share" an order of chocolate boxes. The order I am considering is 250 one-piece boxes from U-Line (www.uline.com) for ~$60USD. These boxes fold up easily and hold 1/2LB of candy. I don't want/need 250 but buying them at $1 each from the local art supply store is more than I am willing to pay for something I plan to use often.

The great thing about this company is that I filled out an inquiry form on line and said that I made chocolate candy as a hobby and am interested in a couple of different candy boxes they offer and would they please send me a sample of each. Well, within minutes I had an email indicating that samples would be shipped out that day UPS. Great service! Very helpful. I received four samples of different boxes  - 1/2 LB and 1LB fold-up and two-piece. I like the smaller fold up as it will be plenty big and it was easy to put together.

OK, let me know if you are interested. I can send you pictures if you want.

Best,

Michael

Hi Michael:

You might also try Mod-Pac, they have a lot of good stock packaging and pretty small minimum orders.

BTW, I'm also from Solana Beach! Small world isn't it?

Jeff

Jeffrey Stern

www.jeffreygstern.com

http://bit.ly/cKwUL4

http://destination-ecuador.net

cocoapodman at gmail dot com

Hello all and thanks for the info. I guess I would like more recommendations on whom to purchase small qunatities of easy to use chocolate bozes that are inexpensive. So please chime in with your recommendations!

Thanks!

Michael

http://www.mimietcie.com/

The Revere Group packs candy boxes in groups of 25 or 50.

but they do require a minimum purchase...which might put the opening poster in the same situation as with u-line

Oh, good to know. I've only bought a few things from them, both times stopping by their showroom in Seattle, they are probably a little more lenient when you are there in person paying cash or just looking for samples.

Hello all,

I found another place that will sell "Candy Tuck Top Boxes" for only $0.17 USD each in small quantities of 100 and is in LA, close to me so shipping will be relatively inexpensive. They are at papermart.com. They do not send out samples but they are really cheap so even the boxes don't work out I won't be out that much $$$

Thanks for all the info and replies! Once I get an order I will post a reply on quality, ease of assembly, etc.

Happy Chocolating!

Michael

Hello all,

I found another place that will sell "Candy Tuck Top Boxes" for only $0.17 USD each in small quantities of 100 and is in LA, close to me so shipping will be relatively inexpensive. They are at papermart.com. They do not send out samples but they are really cheap so even the boxes don't work out I won't be out that much $$$

Thanks for all the info and replies! Once I get an order I will post a reply on quality, ease of assembly, etc.

Happy Chocolating!

Michael

totally forgot about them. they are great for most things. thanks for the update.