• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Roadside BBQ truck--Rte. 100 Bechtelsville?

pennbrew

In my travels today I passed by a promising-looking roadside joint along Rt. 100 near Bechtelsville. Unfortunately I had but a split second to take it all in as I drove by. It looked like a real BBQ rig with lots of smoke swirling around. The name, as best I could tell, was "Hilly Billy's" (??)

I know, I should have turned around but traffic, plus plans to eat at my next stop, blah blah blah.

A google search has turned up nothing.

Anyone know of this place? Is it worth a detour next time I'm driving around that part of PA?

Thanks!

---Guy

In my travels today I passed by a promising-looking roadside joint along Rt. 100 near Bechtelsville.  Unfortunately I had but a split second to take it all in as I drove by.  It looked like a real BBQ rig with lots of smoke swirling around.  The name, as best I could tell, was "Hilly Billy's" (??)

I know, I should have turned around but traffic, plus plans to eat at my next stop, blah blah blah.

A google search has turned up nothing.

Anyone know of this place?  Is it worth a detour next time I'm driving around that part of PA?

Thanks!

---Guy

I have not seen this but I will check it out....

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Been there. It's definitely good--my husband and I split a pulled pork sandwich, which was tender, smoky, and tangy. We liked it enough to buy a pound of pulled pork for lunches later in the week.

If I recall correctly, he's open Thursdays through Sundays from about 11 am.

Margo Thompson

Allentown, PA

You're my little potato, you're my little potato,

You're my little potato, they dug you up!

You come from underground!

-Malcolm Dalglish