• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steakhouse

lcdm

Hi - I'ved searched and read about NJ steakhouses and the thread is a little old. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th & we love steakhouses; we've been to a few in NYC and would like to try to stay in NJ this time. Can anyone recommend one? How is the River Palm Terrace in Edgewater or Edward's Steakhouse in Jersey City?

There are two steakhouses I usually recommend, depending on what people are looking for.

A pure steak dinner? River Palm in Edgewater -- no question.

Steak as part of a diverse menu? The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge.

Nobody in Bergen does the porterhouse for two better than the River Palm, and its Edgewater location is the best of the three. But I think the Park has the more appealing overall menu.

BLOG: www.northjersey.com/foodblogwww.northjersey.com/foodblog

TWITTER: www.twitter.com/billpitcherwww.twitter.com/billpitcher

Hi - I'ved searched and read about NJ steakhouses and the thread is a little old. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th & we love steakhouses; we've been to a few in NYC and would like to try to stay in NJ this time. Can anyone recommend one? How is the River Palm Terrace in Edgewater or Edward's Steakhouse in Jersey City?

Take a ride down to AC and get a room at the Borgata. Try the porterhouse for two at the Old Homestead. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Hi - Thanks for the replies. I think we are going to try The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge. I'll let you know how it was.

So how was it? If you were going to head into "North" Jersey, aside from the River Palm, I would have suggested you consider The Assembly. The Park is reliable and I hope you had a great anniversary.

Hi - Thanks for the replies. I think we are going to try The Park Steakhouse in Park Ridge. I'll let you know how it was.

So how was it? If you were going to head into "North" Jersey, aside from the River Palm, I would have suggested you consider The Assembly. The Park is reliable and I hope you had a great anniversary.

Hi we ended up at the park steakhouse. The appetizers, decor, and service were great. We split the porterhouse, creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes for our main meal. The steak was a little tough the spinach had a little too much nutmeg & the potatoes needed more salt. All in all it was fine (just could have been a little better) we had a nice time.

Next time we'll try the River Palm.