• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Clear Liquids

onehsancare

I'm scheduled for a procedure on Friday that requires clear liquids all day Thursday. (Yes, I turned 50!) I know that I'm not going to be happy with tea, apple juice, and popsicles alone.

I've already decided to make a chicken broth with garlic, ginger, chiles, and kaffir lime leaves, then strain it for one "meal," but I thought I'd ask for more ideas from all of you. Nothing red, blue, orange, or purple allowed. Ideas?

On second thought, I'll go light on the chiles. :rolleyes:

Life is short. Eat the roasted cauliflower first.

How about pale pink?

Boil fresh cut rhubarb with sugar and a little lemon juice, strain, chill, drink. Makes a great granita, too.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

If you need something to chew on, gummi candies will disappear completely just like Jello, as long as you drink enough water and check the ingredients list to make sure they don't contain starches or such.

-- There are infinite variations on food restrictions. --

Crooked Kitchen - my food blog

How about pale pink?

Boil fresh cut rhubarb with sugar and a little lemon juice, strain, chill, drink. Makes a great granita, too.

Most of those "who are 50" and having The Procedure are informed to avoid things that are red, blue, pink or purple.

Since I couldn't have crunchy, mouth-feel-satisfying food, I found that salty/spicy broth to be somewhat satisfying (not really, but more satisfying than sweet crap like Gatorade).

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Margharitas?....so you can look and feel your best in the morning

Tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Margharitas?....so you can look and feel your best in the morning

Tracey

That was my first thought!

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.