• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

melbourne/ melbourne beach ideas

T Raveret

Its the family with an 8 yr old a 25 yr old and looking for a place thats good and hopefully wont break the bank in the melbourn/melbourne beach area or up to 20 minutes from there. Wide open on type of cuisine.

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

I live here, two words:

Don't bother.

Theres only a few, and I mean FEW places that I'd go but they're a bit on the pricer side.

Dijons on the beach is very nice as is Continental Flambe but they are more upscale than most of the area. Dial it down a notch and you've got nothing but chains.

If you need any help, look at yelp and Melbourne and you will see what I'm talking about

I live here, two words:

Don't bother.

Theres only a few, and I mean FEW places that I'd go but they're a bit on the pricer side.

Dijons on the beach is very nice as is Continental Flambe but they are more upscale than most of the area. Dial it down a notch and you've got nothing but chains.

If you need any help, look at yelp and Melbourne and you will see what I'm talking about

we ran into two places that we really enjoyed that werent over the top pricey and had great food. Both were at teh recomendation of the hotel one was Bonefish Willys which had a great atmosphere right on the indian river and wonderful fish with great fresh grouper (the cajun batered was jsut the right mix of lightly seasoned not to overpower the grouper) and really good specials too.

the other was a place on the melbourn beadh side of things on 5th avenue jsut a couple of blocks off A1A called Skewers. We werent up for too much food but the hummus was really good and we were allowed to order off the lunch menu at 9:30 at night. The sauce was really good on the chicken skewers a potato based olive oil imersion.

We loved melbourne because it wasnt as touristy as many places weve gone.

Also for Breakfast we liked the Blueberry Muffin restaurant on A1A- the muffins were great and so was the service.

We didnt see Dijons but would have loved to try it (we got back before you posted)

Thanks though.

Edited by T Raveret (log)